Welcome to the Bavaria State Horticultural Show, held in Kirchheim near Munich from May 15th to October 6th 2024.
Kirchheim is a municipality with a population of 13,000 on the eastern side of Munich, and can be reached from the Munich city center in just a few minutes by suburban railway or other forms of transport.
Colourful nature just a few minutes away from the Munich city centre
A new local park, covering more than 100,000 square metres that will be filled with scents and blossom in 2024, has been created for the State Horticultural Show Kirchheim. Because horticultural shows are used by florists, gardeners and landscape architects to show just how diverse, colourful and changeable nature on one’s own doorstep can be.
The planners have designed the new local park under the motto „Grow.Together.“ and have sub-divided it into five nature areas.
- The „Garden“ sphere allows visitors to nibble and get involved themselves.
- In the „Wilderness“ sphere visitors can wander among shady trees and discover five different clearings that invite them to learn, play and relax.
- The centrepiece of the „Water“ sphere is the park lake with sunbathing lawn and flat west bank. A beer garden and waterside terraces provide the perfect atmosphere for a break in the open countryside.
- In the „Forest“ sphere visitors are enticed by a viewing balcony, located between trees, and the 3,000 square-metre „Keltenwelten“ playground for children and youths up to the age 16.
- The „Grassland“ sphere is available for sporting activities and is otherwise reserved to a major extent for the animals and plants.
Enjoy lovely flower exhibitions, food, drinks, culture and activities
- Alongside this, some 90 exhibitors will be presenting their ideas on plant design as well as on nature and environmental protection, thus providing a wealth of inspiration for the own balcony or garden.
- The State Horticultural Show Kirchheim will offer lovers of music, theatre and culture a new programme of events every day on the large stage in the „Bürgersaal“ (indoors) as well as on various large and small outdoor stages. An activity programme for all tastes will invite visitors of all ages to experience the 14 hectare site in a new way each day.
- The hospitality on the water, the „Blütenbar“, small stalls with beverages and ice cream and a large food-truck court at the „Generationenplatz“ will offer visitors to the Horticultural Show regional as well as vegetarian and vegan specialities.
- Persons with restricted mobility can hire walking aids free of charge at the ticket offices. The entire site is accessible for persons with disabilities. This naturally also includes disabled-accessible toilet facilities.
Opening hours: The State Horticultural Show Kirchheim will be open daily from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. (longer during special evening events). The ticket office will close at 6 p.m. Visitors can remain on the site until nightfall.
How to get there by car, motorcycle or motor-home: Via the A99, Munich eastern bypass, Kirchheim exit, then State road 2082 direct to the parking area of the State Horticultural Show. Motor-homes can be parked in the bus park for a maximum of two nights (subject to change without prior notice). No supply facilities are available for motor-homes.
How to get there by suburban railway: Line S2 from the main station or the „Ostbahnhof“ to suburban railway stop „Heimstetten“ from where the State Horticultural Show is within 7 minutes walking distance.
How to get there by underground, bus: Line U2 as far as „Messestadt-Ost“ and then with bus line 262 to „Parkallee“ (main entrance to the State Horticultural Show) or via express bus 203 to the suburban railway station „Heimstetten„, from where the State Horticultural Show is within 7 minutes walking distance.
How to get there by bicycle: Via the Munich RadlRing to Riem and to Kirchheim bei München via Dornach and Aschheim.
MVG Bicycle Rental Office at the suburban railway station „Heimstetten“
Day ticket adult: 19.50 EUR
Day Ticket Old Age Pensioner (with OAP pass or as from age 65): 17.50 EUR
Group Day Ticket (upwards of 20 paying persons): 17.00 EUR
Day Ticket Special Allowance (e.g. students, persons with evidenced disability of 50 % and above): 16.00 EUR
(Appropriate proof must be carried.)
Children and young persons up to and including age 17 are free of charge!
(Children up to and including age 12 may only enter if accompanied by an adult.)